While HappyFox and Help Scout are both great customer service tools, they do have some key differences. In this comparison article, we’re going to dive into the features, pricing, and customer satisfaction of each software to help you to make the decision.
Which One is Better, Help Scout or HappyFox?
The help desk software market is growing more competitive by the day. Two popular options are Help Scout and HappyFox. Both have their pros and cons, but which one is better for your business? Here are our three use cases to see which one is better.
Based on the number of features, Help Scout is the better option.
Looking for the pricing, Help Scout is a more affordable option.
Based on trusted customer reviews, Help Scout is the winner.
Help Scout vs HappyFox Pros and Cons
Both Help Scout and HappyFox have their pros and cons, but one may be a better fit for your company depending on your needs. In this section, we will compare and contrast the pros and cons of both platforms to help you make the best decision for your business.
Help Scout Pros & Cons
- Easy-to-use & affordable
- Best price-to-features ratio
- Convenient knowledge base
- Used by 10,000+ businesses
- 15-day free trial
- Tag tickets
- Live Chat
- Slightly outdated design
- No voice support
HappyFox Pros & Cons
- Unlimited tickets
- Unlimited mailboxes
- Satisfaction Surveys
- SSL Certificate Hosting (Custom Domain)
- Self-Service Knowledge Base
- Live Chat is a paid option
- Chatbot is a paid option
- Really expensive
Help Scout vs HappyFox Price Comparison
Let’s take a look at these two’s pricing plans to see which one offers better pricing.
Help Scout Pricing Plans
Help Scout’s pricing comes in three tiers: Standard, Plus, and Pro. Each plan offers different levels of mailbox and Docs site options, as well as additional features such as live chat and custom fields. The Enterprise plan caters to larger businesses with added security measures and tiered discounts for higher user counts.
Standard — $20 per user per month
- 2 Mailboxes
- 1 Docs site
- Add up to 25 users
- Live chat
- In-app messaging
Plus — $40 per user per month
- 5 Mailboxes
- 2 Docs sites
- No maximum user count
- 25 free light users
- Custom fields
Pro — $65 per user per month
- 25 Mailboxes
- 10 Docs sites
- 50 free light users
- Tiered discounts
- Enterprise security
HappyFox Pricing Plans
Happyfox’s pricing comes in four tiers: Mighty, Fantastic, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus. Each tier offers different features such as omnichannel ticket creation, SLA management, knowledge base, and migration assistance. The Enterprise Plus tier even includes a customer success manager. Prices range from $39 per user per month to $99 per user per month.
Mighty — $39 per user per month
- Omnichannel Ticket Creation
- SLA Management
- Knowledge Base
- SSO (GSuite/SAML/Azure)
- SSL Certificate Hosting
- Migration Assistance
Fantastic — $59 per user per month
- Multi-brand Helpdesk
- SLA Breach Notification
- Custom Ticket Queues
- 24/7 Email Support
- Optional EU Data Center
Enterprise — $79 per user per month
- Proactive Agent Collision
- Task Management
- Asset Management
- 24/7 Email/Chat Support
- Uptime SLA
Enterprise Plus — $99 per user per month
- Agent Scripting
- 2 TB Attachment Store
- All-time Reporting History
- 24/7 Email/Chat/Phone Support
- Customer Success Manager
Help Scout vs HappyFox Features Comparison
While these tools share some similarities, there are also some key differences. In this section, we will compare these two software programs’ features and help you decide which one is right for you.
Help Scout Features
Help Scout is the customer communications platform designed to give scaling companies the flexibility and power they need to grow, at an affordable price. Help Scout’s top features include:
- Shared inbox
- Knowledge base
- Live Chat
Having a shared inbox for your team helps improve productivity and build strong working relationships. Help Scout’s easy-to-use interface will have your team responding to customer emails in no time. You’ll also get access to robust tools for organization, automation, and collaboration.
- Assignments: With Email Assignments, you can make sure every email goes to the right person or team. It’s easy to use and makes staying on top of your email inbox a breeze.
- Private Notes: Use the private notes feature to collaborate with teammates on problems and find solutions before replying to emails.
- Saved Replies: Quickly and easily find answers to frequently asked questions so that you can insert them into replies with just a few clicks.
- Tagging: Automating workflows, categorizing types of customer requests, and creating detailed reports is as simple as tagging customer conversations.
Fewer customer questions and increased happiness? Yes, please! Help Scout’s knowledge base is designed for customers to help themselves so that they can have fewer conversations. Their knowledge base is easy to update for customer service specialists and easy to use for customers.
- Create articles fast: With just a few clicks, you can add text, images, hyperlinks, tables, and videos to your articles. You can also select categories, add related articles and customize your SEO details.
- Help articles across your site or app: If you want to see the Beacon help widget in action, look no further than Help Scout’s very own knowledge base articles. By addressing commonly asked questions and reducing incoming email requests, we’re able to offer relevant and helpful content that everyone can benefit from.
- Provide outreach options in Docs: With their easy-to-use email and chat features, your customers can quickly get the help they need without leaving your Docs site.
- Gain insight from Beacon activity: To find out which areas customers are struggling with, keep track of the web pages and Docs articles they read before asking questions. You can then look for patterns and update any outdated content.
With Help Scout’s live chat support, customers can easily find help center articles and get the answers they need.
- Lead with instant answers: Make article recommendations to customers based on the page they are viewing, so they don’t have to search for answers.
- Self-help is easy: Customer experience is crucial, and Help Scout’s design makes it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for without leaving the page.
- Easy escalation: Customers can easily find answers to their questions by starting a live chat with your team in the same place they were viewing articles.
- All-in-one support tool: If live chat is unavailable, you can send customer support requests to your Help Scout email queue.
Help Scout provides a way for customers to come to you through email, live chat, and a help center so that you can offer answers or Messages that let you take proactive steps and anticipate your customer’s needs.
Use Messages to meet customers where they need help, without them needing to reach out. Combine Messages with your shared inbox and live chat for an even better customer experience.
- Promote: Make your teams aware of any recent changes, from new marketing campaigns to product launches and sales strategies.
- Update: Keep your customers updated with company news and announcements to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- Proactively support: Target specific groups of customers who might need help, welcome new users to your product, or start conversations with trial customers.
Help Scout integrates with multiple customer relationship management (CRM) tools, including Salesforce and HubSpot. This allows for the seamless transfer of customer information and communication history between Help Scout and the CRM tool.
Help Scout also integrates with several messaging and collaboration tools, such as Slack and Zendesk, as well as e-commerce platforms like Shopify. These integrations allow for improved communication and collaboration between teams, as well as streamlined customer support processes.
Finally, Help Scout integrates with Zapier, which allows for even more customization and integration options with over 1,000 different apps.
Help Scout’s integrations make it easy to streamline and improve the customer support process.
HappyFox ticketing system is designed to be easy to configure and use for support agents. It tracks and organizes customer requests, allowing for efficient communication and resolution.
HappyFox offers an online knowledge base software that is beautiful, searchable, and ready for social media. Your customers can get help instantly.
With Canned Actions, you can not only change a ticket’s status, priority, or add tags, but you can also include a templated response.
Help your customers more efficiently by using automation for trivial tasks in your help desk. This will free up time so you can focus on other, more important aspects of customer support..
Customer satisfaction survey
A customer satisfaction survey helps support agents determine how pleased users are with the quality of resolution for a product or service.
Use HappyFox Help Desk to monitor your customer support performance, so that you can quickly identify any areas which need improvement. This will help improve the overall quality of your customer service, and make sure that customers are happy with their experience.
People’s Choice: Help Scout vs HappyFox
One key aspect when comparing these two services is to compare how other customers rate them. Both of the software has multiple trusted reviews so it’s easy to compare which one is better.
Help Scout Reviews
Help Scout has an average of 4.5-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Happyfox has an average of 4.5-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Top 10 Customer Support Software
Now it should be clear which platform is better for your needs. In case you’re still not happy with either of them, take a look at this list of the top 10 customer support software that has similar features.
Help Scout vs HappyFox Wrap
Choosing the right help desk software can be tricky. There are a lot of factors to consider, and each product has its own unique set of features. In this article, we’ve compared two popular help desk software on the market: Help Scout and HappyFox. We’ve looked at both products from a variety of angles, including price, customer support, features, and more.
So, which one is the best? Well, that depends on your needs and budget. Ultimately, it comes down to what works best for you.