While Intercom and Hubspot Service Hub are both great customer service tools, they do have some key differences. In this comparison article, we’re going to dive into the features, pricing, and customer satisfaction of each software to help you to make the decision.
Which One is Better, Hubspot Service Hub or Intercom?
The help desk software market is growing more competitive by the day. Two popular options are Hubspot Service Hub and Intercom. Both have their pros and cons, but which one is better for your business? Here are our three use cases to see which one is better.
Based on the number of features, Hubspot is the better option.
Looking for pricing, Hubspot is a more affordable option.
Based on trusted customer reviews, Intercom is the winner.
Intercom vs Hubspot Service Hub Pros and Cons
Both Hubspot Service Hub and Intercom have their pros and cons, but one may be a better fit for your company depending on your needs. In this section, we will compare and contrast the pros and cons of both platforms to help you make the best decision for your business.
Hubspot Service Hub Pros & Cons
- Advanced features
- CRM integrations
- Help desk automation
- Custom surveys
- Slack integration
- VoIP calling
- Free options
- Hefty software, quite a learning curve
Intercom Pros & Cons
- Public help center
- Intercom messenger
- Live chat for support
- Twitter, Facebook and Instagram integration
- Conversation routing bot
- Article suggestions bot
- Price only on request
- Complex for small businesses
Hubspot Service Hub vs Intercom Price Comparison
Let’s take a look at these two’s pricing plans to see which one offers better pricing.
Hubspot Service Hub Pricing Plans
Hubspot Service Hub’s pricing comes in three tiers: Starter, Professional, and Business. Each tier offers different features, such as live chat, shared inboxes, ticket pipelines, and automation. The Starter plan starts at $25 per user per month while the Business plan is $120 per user per month. There are also options for add-ons such as SLAs and custom surveys.
Starter — $25 per user per month
- Live chat
- Shared inbox
- Ticket pipelines
- Simple ticket automation
- Conversational bots
Professional — $100 per user per month
Self-service customer portal
- Help desk automation
- Ticket routing
- Knowledge base
- Custom surveys
Business — $120 per user per month
- Permission sets
- Hierarchical teams
- Standard CRM interface configuration
- Conversation intelligence
Intercom Pricing Plans
Intercom’s pricing comes in three tiers: Support, Engage, and Convert. Each tier includes various features such as live chat for support, team inboxes, help articles, conversational bots, outbound messaging, and meeting booking. Pricing for each tier is available upon request.
Support — Price on request
- Live chat for support
- Team inboxes
- Help articles
- Conversational bots
- Resolution bot
Engage — Price on request
- Outbound email and in-product messaging
- Push messages & notifications
- Custom bots
- Mobile Carousels
- Banner messages
- Salesforce & Marketo integrations
Convert — Price on request
- Conversational chatbots
- Live chat for sales
- Smart lead qualification
- Multiple team inboxes
- Automatic meeting booking
- Conversation routing rules
Hubspot Service Hub vs Intercom Features Comparison
While these tools share some similarities, there are also some key differences. In this section, we will compare these two software programs’ features and help you decide which one is right for you.
Hubspot Service Hub Features
This software package contains various conversational tools to make automated customer interactions easier. In addition, the CRM gives your business a unified view of each customer so you can get feedback, surveys, and reporting in one place.
Empowering customers to get the help and information they need, when they need it, minimizes repetitive tasks for support reps and increases customer trust.
- Increase transparency: Your customers will be able to interact with your support and services teams in one central location, making it easier for them to get the help they need.
- Minimize repetitive tasks: The HubSpot CRM platform and shared inbox are closely integrated with customer portals to minimize the likelihood of any duplicate work.
- Your branding: Keep your branding consistent across all platforms by automatically applying your colors, logo, and favicon to your customer portal–no design experience necessary.
Having a well-organized website will mean that your customers can easily find the answers they need to their questions, freeing up time for your team so that they can help people who need more assistance.
- Help your customers: Empower your customers by building a library of helpful articles they can refer to whenever they need assistance. Turn commonly asked questions into searchable documentation so that anyone can find the answers they need quickly and easily.
- Improve efficiency: With Hubspot’s product, your support team will be able to answer questions more efficiently and focus on supporting unique cases. This will result in increased productivity for your team overall.
- Track: If you want your articles to actually help, take advantage of their reporting dashboard to see the impact of your pages and improve your knowledge base continually.
Omni-Channel Customer Service
By connecting with customers through multiple channels on Hubspot’s CRM platform, your agents will be able to provide the customer service experience they deserve.
- Deliver support on your customers’ preferred channels: Meet your customers’ need for asynchronous communication with the ability to switch from chat and Facebook Messenger to email, while preserving the conversation thread in one place.
- Have the context you need for every interaction: When teams don’t communicate with each other or work together effectively, customers become frustrated from having to explain their issues multiple times.
- Effortlessly switch between channels: Having to use different tools to fix various issues gradually wears down reps as they deal with an ever-growing number of tickets. Present your team with a central service platform that is easy to maneuver, lightening the load on them.
Real-time user connection on your website translates to more conversions, closed deals, and content customers.
- Connect with website visitors: Match the look of your live chat widget to that of your brand with easy customization, and create targeted welcome messages for different web pages or segments of your audience. This way, you can connect with engaged site visitors who matter most to you.
- Automate with chatbots: HubSpot’s live chat tool will make it much easier for your team to have an unlimited number of personalized conversations. The best part is that you can start using it for free, and no coding is required.
- Helpful for your chat team: By using HubSpot, you not only have a central location for all your live chat history, but also data from HubSpot’s free CRM. This way, everyone on your team is able to find the perfect response quickly and easily.
Connect with your potential customers through VoIP phone calls that can be recorded and stored on HubSpot for future use.
- Full view of customers’ history during calls: HubSpot’s VoIP software provides the capability to call customers directly from their HubSpot CRM record. This way, you always have a complete view of their needs, activity and interactions with your company. With this kind of clarity, your customers will never need to explain themselves multiple times to different reps.
- Save call logs and notes on your CRM: Never worry about manually logging call details or maintaining records again. With HubSpot CRM, calls are automatically recorded and stored on contact profiles for future reference.
- Prioritize sales calls: Daily calls can easily become a monotonous and time-consuming task, but by utilizing the HubSpot CRM’s data on engagement and contact properties, you can set priorities for your most important calls.
By adding the Intercom Messenger to your product, app, or website, you’re able to create meaningful engagement with your customers that will result in fruitful relationships.
Intercom’s Inbox includes all of the essential features that support teams need to stay organized, collaborate with teammates, and reach more customers efficiently.
By asking the right questions, Custom Bots prioritize and route new conversations for more efficient support. Chatbots can be tailored specifically to your business needs—connect them to your tech stack, let them automate your workflows, or have them extend your sales and support teams.
Make it easy for your customers to find the answers they need, when they need them. With Intercom’s central answering system, you can optimize for all channels – website, mobile app, in-product messages, or chat.
Introduce customers to your product with guided experiences that drive adoption. Intercom’s customizable product tours ensure that users get the most out of your product, leading to increased engagement and satisfaction.
When potential customers visit your website, greet them with a personalized message so that they can connect with sales while they are most interested.
People’s Choice: Hubspot Service Hub vs Intercom
One key aspect when comparing these two services is to compare how other customers rate them. Both of the software has multiple trusted reviews so it’s easy to compare which one is better.
Hubspot Service Hub Reviews
Hubspot Service Hub has an average of 4.4-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Intercom has an average of 4.4-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Top 10 Customer Support Software
Now it should be clear which platform is better for your needs. In case you’re still not happy with either of them, take a look at this list of the top 10 customer support software that has similar features.
Hubspot Service Hub vs Intercom Wrap
Choosing the right help desk software can be tricky. There are a lot of factors to consider, and each product has its own unique set of features. In this article, we’ve compared two popular help desk software on the market: Hubspot Service Hub and Intercom. We’ve looked at both products from a variety of angles, including price, customer support, features, and more.
So, which one is the best? Well, that depends on your needs and budget. Ultimately, it comes down to what works best for you.