While Zendesk and Freshdesk are both great customer service tools, they do have some key differences. In this comparison article, we’re going to dive into the features, pricing, and customer satisfaction of each software to help you to make the decision.
Which One is Better, Zendesk or Freshdesk?
The help desk software market is growing more competitive by the day. Two popular options are Freshdesk and Zendesk. Both have their pros and cons, but which one is better for your business? Here are our three use cases to see which one is better.
Based on the number of features, Zendesk is the better option.
Freshdesk is a more affordable option than Zendesk.
Based on trusted customer reviews, Freshdesk is the winner.
Zendesk vs Freshdesk Pros and Cons
Both Freshdesk and Zendesk have their pros and cons, but one may be a better fit for your company depending on your needs. In this section, we will compare and contrast the pros and cons of both platforms to help you make the best decision for your business.
Zendesk Pros & Cons
- Reliable work-horse for large enterprises
- All-in-one solution
- Help Center
- AI-powered automated answers
- Email, voice, SMS, and live chat support
- 1,000+ apps and integrations –
- Robust APIs
- Free trial
- Too complex for small businesses and hard to use
- Confusing pricing plans
Freshdesk Pros & Cons
- 21-day free trial
- Has everything you need for full-house customer support
- Ticket dispatch
- Help Center
- Community forums
- Social media inquiries to tickets
- Complex pricing
- Too many features for small businesses
Zendesk vs Freshdesk Price Comparison
Let’s take a look at these two’s pricing plans to see which one offers better pricing.
Zendesk Pricing Plans
Zendesk’s pricing comes in three tiers: Suite Team, Suite Growth, and Suite Professional. Each tier offers various features such as messaging, support channels, AI-powered tools, and dashboards. Users can choose the plan that best fits their needs and budget. Higher tiers offer more advanced features for larger teams with increased support demands. All pricing is based on a per-user per-month cost.
Suite Team — $49 per user per month
- Industry-leading ticketing system
- Messaging across web, mobile and social
- Email, voice, SMS, and live chat support
- Help Center
- AI-powered automated answers
Suite Growth — $79 per user per month
- Self-service customer portal
- AI-powered knowledge management
- Customizable ticket layouts
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) management
- Multilingual support and content
Suite Professional — $99 per user per month
- Live agent activity dashboard
- Integrated community forums
- Private conversation threads
- Customizable and shareable dashboards
- Advanced voice capabilities
Freshdesk Pricing Plans
Freshdesk’s pricing comes in four tiers: Free, Growth, Pro, and Enterprise. The Free plan includes integrated ticketing across email and social channels, a knowledge base, reporting capabilities, and more. The Growth plan adds automation and access to over 1000 marketplace apps for $18 per user per month. The Pro plan includes multiple product support and custom roles for $59 per user per month. The Enterprise plan is for heavy-users.
Free — $0 per user per month
- Integrated ticketing across email and social
- Ticket Dispatch
- Knowledge Base
- Ticket Trend Report
- Out-of-the-box analytics and reporting
Growth — $18 per user per month
- 1000+ marketplace apps
- SLA management & business hours
- Custom Email Server
- Custom SSL
Pro — $59 per user per month
- Multiple products
- Includes up to 5000 Collaborators
- Round-robin routing
- Custom Roles
- Custom Reports and Dashboards
Enterprise — $95 per user per month
Everything in Pro
- Assist bot
- Email bot
- Knowledge base approval workflow
- AI-powered social signals
Zendesk vs Freshdesk Features Comparison
While these tools share some similarities, there are also some key differences. In this section, we will compare these two software programs’ features and help you decide which one is right for you.
Zendesk makes customer service better. Zendesk builds software to meet customer needs, set your team up for success, and keep your business in sync. It’s everything you need, in one powerful package.
- Ticketing system
- Live Chat
- Help Center
- Voice (call center)
- AI and chatbots
A great customer experience starts with a fully integrated ticketing system. It’s the go-to place for questions, requests, and concerns from customers. And it provides you with complete information about each customer so that you can offer personalized support.
- Email with unlimited addresses: Zendesk’s email integration is ready to use out-of-the-box, and you can create unlimited email addresses. Plus, their customizable HTML and text templates make it easy to brand your communications.
- Contact form: Place a contact form on your website so customers can reach out to you 24/7.
With Zendesk, you can get messaging that is personalized and engaging right out of the box or customize it to your own liking.
- Web widget: Support your customers by embedding support onto your website. This will allow them to take actions like submit a ticket or chat with an agent in order to get the help they need quickly and easily.
- Mobile SDKs: Support your app development for iOS and Android by utilizing Zendesk’s native software kits.
- Unlimited concurrent chats: Unlike some competitors, Zendesk’s agents can handle multiple chats at the same time.
- Automatic translation: The dashboard automatically translates conversations (powered by Google Translate).
Not only is self-service quick and convenient for customers, but they actually prefer it! That’s why a knowledge base is such an important part of your customer experience strategy. Zendesk’s help center software organizes critical information and empowers both customers and agents with that data.
- Contextual self-service: With the web widget and mobile SDK, you can embed your help center and suggest relevant articles to your audience.
- Multilingual content: Give your customers the ability to receive help from you in their own language by localizing your help center into over 40 different languages.
- Theme customization: You can use themes to unify the look and feel of your help centers, no matter how many products or brands you have.
- Search: Allow customers to find the answers they need by expanding the help center search to include all relevant resources.
Voice (call center)
Even in this day and age of technology, sometimes the quickest solution is to talk with a real person. Zendesk’s integrated voice solution not only syncs with all other channels but also lets agents have access to customer information as soon as they receive the call. Now that’s what’s called convenience!
- Voicemail: With automatic voicemail-to-ticket creation, you can easily keep track of customers’ needs and follow up with them promptly. Enable optional voicemail transcription to get a quick overview of why each customer is calling.
- Text messages: With Zendesk’s easy-to-use messaging system, you can respond to customer inquiries quickly and easily. Automated alerts keep you updated on current issues, and proactive text messages help prevent future problems.
- Call routing: With Zendesk, you can ensure that your customers will always be able to reach a live agent by routing calls directly to a specific group of agents or sets of groups. You can also route calls received after business hours or when agents are busy to an alternate phone number.
- Call recording: Recording calls makes it easy to QA, saves time by reference, and shows when troubleshooting.
AI and chatbots
With Zendesk’s AI capabilities, your support team can get answers to customers quickly and efficiently. Whether or not agents are logged in, the bot will always be there to help.
- Answer Bot AI-powered bot solution: Answer Bot provides instantaneous responses to customer questions by using machine learning to reply immediately with available, relevant information. Answer Bot can deliver answers via email, ticket form, live chat, messaging channels such as Slack or API and/or SDK.
- Automate interactions: The key to setting up your bot lies in Flow Builder. This tool allows you to direct the conversation between a bot and your customers. Furthermore, you can publish flows in multiple languages without needing any coding knowledge.
- Intelligent triage: With Zendesk’s advanced AI, you’ll barely have to lift a finger to understand what customers need and how they’re feeling. This way, you can always connect them with the perfect agent for the job.
Freshdesk provides a number of features to improve customer service collaboration and automate tedious tasks. These features include ticket prioritization, self-service answer bots, and team task division. The software also offers analytics to help understand customer behavior and trends. In addition, the platform is secure with SSL certification enabled by default.
Email gets the job done, but Freshdesk’s ticketing system is designed to do more than that; it’s created for team collaboration and agent productivity. This means you can prioritize every ticket based on the keywords mentioned. Freshdesk’s Freddy AI software is integrated with ticketing, so you can eliminate boring, repetitive tasks and save time for your agents.
Answer bots find the best answer from your knowledge base content and deliver it to customers in real-time, 24/7. These advanced features help you focus on bigger projects by taking care of small customer issues automatically. Web widgets allow live chat with a human agent on your website for more complex inquiries.
Freshdesk provides various features for improved collaboration among customer service teams, helping to deliver positive experiences for customers. For example, agents can easily include teammates in ticket discussions as needed, and team members can see tickets that another team is currently working on. In addition, Freshdesk allows teams to divide tasks and work on them simultaneously.
It would be amazing to come into work every day to find that all new customer inquiries have been neatly prioritized, organized, and assigned to the right agents. You wouldn’t have any
to-do lists because tedious tasks like following up with people are automated! All you and your team would need to focus on is crafting great responses for your customers.
Use Freshdesk’s pre-made reports for quick insights to save time and effort. With a large number of useful reports, you can avoid having to do everything manually. Also, with the added ability to visualize data within the product, you can easily comprehend a lot of information and present it in a way that is efficient and digestible for those who need to see it.
Secure Help Desk
Keep your communication safe and secure with web browser-to-web server encryption. With a Freshdesk account, you get an SSL certificate enabled by default. Within 72 hours, you can have your own support domain or vanity URL up and running too. Plus, add multiple portals to your Freshdesk account–all with authenticated SSL certification.
People’s Choice: Zendesk vs Freshdesk
One key aspect when comparing these two services is to compare how other customers rate them. Both of the software has multiple trusted reviews so it’s easy to compare which one is better.
Zendesk has an average of 4.3-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Freshdesk has an average of 4.4-star 3rd party reviews (in legit sites like G2 and Capterra). Other customers seem to love it and consider it as a great option for their customer service software needs.
Top 10 Customer Support Software
Now it should be clear which platform is better for your needs. In case you’re still not happy with either of them, take a look at this list of the top 10 customer support software that has similar features.
Zendesk vs Freshdesk Wrap
Choosing the right help desk software can be tricky. There are a lot of factors to consider, and each product has its own unique set of features. In this article, we’ve compared two popular help desk software on the market: Freshdesk and Zendesk. We’ve looked at both products from a variety of angles, including price, customer support, features, and more.
So, which one is the best? Well, that depends on your needs and budget. Ultimately, it comes down to what works best for you.